Join us as we discuss building up long-term food storage + share our money-saving hacks.
Never miss a new video! Subscribe to our channel to be notified whenever we publish a new video!
Click “SHOW MORE” if you’re new to our channel and “MORE ABOUT US” for some freebies!
Building up a well-stocked and functional food storage system is a key skill and resource anyone should be developing, a homesteader or not!
Not only will building up your food storage save you money and time, but it will also give you greater food security and create less waste in your household.
Join Josh and Carolyn on this week’s Pantry Chat as they share their key tips and strategies for building up your own food storage system on a budget.
For more tips on building up a well-stocked pantry, check out this video: https://bit.ly/WellStockedPantry
5:48 – Q & A
7:49 – Listener tip
10:22 – Main Topic
– Why would you want to stock up on so much food in your home?
– 5 rules for how to stock up your long-term food storage.
– Top 4 methods for stocking up on long-term food.
Links mentioned in the video:
Chocolate Box Cottage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqm9GGkiqPZX35m0V7V-T4Q
FREE Pumpkin Custard Recipe: http://bit.ly/breakfastcasseroles
Azure Standard: https://www.azurestandard.com/?a_aid=EWfmOQQSY2
Persnickety Peach Chai from Farmhouse Teas: https://fhteas.ositracker.com/124559/8732/url_11798
Farmhouse Teas Tea Sampler: https://fhteas.ositracker.com/124559/8732/url_11799
MORE ABOUT US!
WELCOME! We’re so glad you’re here! We are Josh and Carolyn Thomas. Together with our nine children, we are The Homesteading Family where we’re living a self-sustainable life in beautiful North Idaho. Let us welcome you and show you a bit about us here: http://bit.ly/HFWelcomeVideo
Grow, Preserve & Thrive with us!
Visit our blog: https://www.homesteadingfamily.com
Follow us on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/homesteadingfamily/
A few highlights you don’t want to miss are our FREEBIES!!
Click any of the links below for instant access to free video training resources:
– Healthy Healing at Home- Free 4 video workshop leads to a sale on our herb course Herbal Medicine Cabinet: Colds
– Bread Making workshop- Free 4 video workshop that leads to a sale on our masterclass, The Art of Homemade Bread
– Meals on Your Shelf- Free 4 video workshop on canning that leads to a sale on our masterclass, The Abundant Pantry: Canning
Click any of the links below for instant access to these free downloadable PDFs:
– 5 Steps to a More Self Sufficient Life- Simple PDF download on 5 steps anyone can take wherever they are to start a more self-sufficient lifestyle.
– Thrive Wellness Checklist- A simple PDF download for healthy living.
– Permaculture for Your Homestead- PDF download that is an introduction to permaculture with some strategies for applying it to one’s homestead and garden.
– Carolyn’s Cottage Garden herb list- PDF with Carolyn’s favorite herbs for growing at home.
– Carolyn’s Make-Ahead Breakfast Casseroles- Carolyn’s favorite make-ahead breakfast casseroles.
– Your FREE Guide to Preserving Eggs- PDF download with multiple ways to preserve eggs.
– 5 Steps to a Healthy Garden- PDF download with an explanation of what makes healthy soil and 5 steps you can take to improve your garden
– Save the Crumbs- Several Recipes for using bread leftovers, a less committal entry to bread than the workshop.
– Fearless Fermenting- A PDF on basic lacto-ferments.
– Fermenting Tomatoes- PDF download on fermenting tomatoes
– Preserving Culinary Herbs- Downloadable, step by step directions to drying, freezing and salting culinary herbs.
– Render Your Own Lard- PDF with instructions on how to render your own lard.
#foodstorage #longtermfoodstorage #foodstoragehacks #prepping